Web Implementation Engineer | Opower
Intermediate consulting position operating independently with some assistance and guidance to provide quality work products to a project team or customer that comply with Oracle methodologies and practices. Performs standard duties and tasks with some variation to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer specifications.
Standard assignments are accomplished without assistance by exercising independent judgment, within defined policies and processes, to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements.
2-5 years of overall experience in relevant functional or technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
As a Web Implementation Engineer at Oracle Opower, you will join a team to design and configure SaaS-based energy efficiency and customer engagement web sites on behalf of our utility partners. You will collaborate with a diverse group, including a Project Manager, a Senior Implementation Engineer, as well as members of the Product Engineering, Product Management, and QA. Setting up new programs for our utility clients is the lifeblood of Opower, and we rely on an Implementation Engineer's input and expertise for our overall success.
- Configure web sites using Oracle Opower’s web technology platform and existing AngularJS based widgets to meet the specific needs of each client
- Collaborate with Implementation Engineers and other client-aligned delivery team members to ensure that web products are integrated with other Oracle Opower products as part of full energy efficiency and customer care solutions
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products with the ability to explain them to others; think about how client customization and delivery can be sped up and improved
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive product innovation and operationalize new Oracle Opower products and features, keeping efficiency and scale in mind
- Build and enhance automation tools to improve speed to market and product quality
- Communicate with internal partners and clients in a thoughtful and impactful manner, ability to translate technical requirements to a less technical audience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2-4 years of hands-on technical experience
- You enjoy sniffing out complex technical issues and solving them
- You have experience in UNIX systems and are not afraid of the command line
- You demonstrate some programming knowledge (the web systems are primarily Node.js and AngularJS; most of our APIs and internal code are in Java and Ruby)
- You are a smart, talented engineer, looking for an exciting, fast-paced company to expand and develop your skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
California Pay Range: from $33.46 to $65.10 per hour; from $69,600 to $135,400 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity. Colorado Pay Range: from $31.59 to $58.61 per hour; from $65,700 to $121,900 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity. New York City Pay Range: from $31.59 to $61.88 per hour; from $65,700 to $128,700 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity. Washington Pay Range: from $35.29 to $61.88 per hour; from $73,400 to $128,700 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity.