Technical Support Engineer - Flex
This position is needed to support our customers’ use of the Twilio Flex platform.
You will focus on providing friendly, professional customer service, while problem solving and communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone, email and chat mediums. You have advanced time management skills, the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to increase efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems
- Leverage your experience with troubleshooting and resolving Quality of Service (QoS) issues.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack.
- Report reproducible bugs and review our internal knowledge base to stay up to speed with industry shifts and standards.
- Work with your manager to surface customer problems to assist in process betterments.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2-5 years of Technical Customer Support experience preferred
- A proven history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Mobile App Development experience preferred but not required including experience with Android and IOS platforms using programming languages like Swift, Objective-C, Java
- A good understanding of OOP is necessary.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Schedule: ability to work non-standard hours, including weekends, and on shift-based schedules as required. Tuesday - Saturday shift in Mountain or Central time zones.