Sr Software Engineer, Frontend - Gigafactory Design (Austin)
What To Expect
Tesla is seeking a motivated and driven Software Engineer to help build web-based software from the ground up that enables the next generation of factory design applications for pre-production programs. These tools push the boundaries of layout planning capabilities and help drive executive decision making for Gigafactory layouts. This role is based in Austin, TX.
The ideal candidate must have experience in full stack web application development. Candidate has ability to utilizing open source front end frameworks as well as developing custom solutions tailored for Tesla systems and design.
Candidate is able to implement and interact with different client and server side technologies such as Apollo, GraphQL, docker, Kubernetes, SQL db, AWS S3, Redis, and other 3rd party API's. The ability to be agile, think outside the box and striving for continuous improvement is a must. The tools built have a direct contribution to a step change in factory planning for Tesla. The candidate must manage the projects in a demanding and fast-paced environment and work as part of a strong, agile, and highly motivated team.
The team is responsible for delivering factory layouts and material/people flow designs that solve high-volume production. We optimize for the factory system by working closely with manufacturing and construction teams to drive systems thinking that achieves all of Tesla’s factory objectives.
What You’ll Do
- Develop API's to interact with Tesla systems
- Leverage 3rd party API's (Forge, Autodesk, Revit)
- Deploy containerized microservice applications through CI/CD
- Develop ETL solutions via airflow, python, bash, etc.
- Host discovery sprints for user feedback and continuous improvement of application
- Lead development through agile methods
- Mentor and work with junior engineers
What You’ll Bring
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, 5+ years of software development experience
- Understanding of containerization deployment and Kubernetes
- Desirable to have implemented WebGL, Three.js, Vue.js, Verge3D, or similar
- Desirable to have worked in analyzing manufacturing layout designs
- Desirable to have solved vehicle routing problems
- Desirable to have written Dynamo scripts for Revit
- Desirable to have developed robust 3D web applications
$111,000/yr - $194,000/yr