Sr. Software Engineer - Front End UI Tools
What To Expect
The Tesla Energy Service Infrastructure and Analytics team is looking for a passionate and collaborative front-end software engineer to join as a core team member focused on development of our service tools. These software tools aim to accelerate service efforts in diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance while simultaneously reducing the need for each. Our mission is to ensure that issues present in the fleet are diagnosed accurately, reliably, and as quickly as possible with feedback mechanisms to enable continuous improvement of diagnostics through diagnostics tools and software that ensures our service technicians and engineers can effectively interact and resolve an issue.
As a software engineer in Energy Service Engineering Infrastructure and Analytics team, you will be responsible for specifying, building, and maintaining the next generation of UI products and diagnostic tooling for our energy devices. You’ll be part of our multidisciplinary team, where you will design and build robust front-end web applications and their back-end infrastructure and work closely with product engineers, data analysts, and service technicians.
What You’ll Do
- Be a core team member responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining various UI products with the purpose of providing effective and efficient tools for the broad Energy Service organization.
- Work directly with engineers and technicians to design new streamlined user experiences.
- Improve and maintain our web-based diagnostics platform.
- Debug issues in production, root cause, and apply fixes in a timely manner.
- Participate in architectural improvements to support our growing user base.
- Improve application security.
- Write backend services in Golang that will interface with front-end applications.
- Write new React components in support of new features.
- Improve reliability, scalability, and performance of Tesla’s diagnostic platform.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Strong CSS skills and experience working with CSS pre-compilers (SASS, LESS, etc.)
- Proficiency in Golang.
- Experience creating user flows, wireframes, and prototypes for UI products.
- Experience in building a performant reactive UI with dense time-series data.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new web technologies.
- Experience working with and manipulating responses from RESTful APIs.
- Experience with user experience design, product management and program management is a plus.
$104,000 - $348,000