Senior UX Designer
The Trade Desk is helping change the way we buy, sell and consume advertising as one of the leaders in the programmatic industry. Since the programmatic industry is young, you will directly contribute to a new experience that translates the massive power of our technology into simple and elegant workflows for ad agency partners and advertisers. Our industry is complicated, but we don’t believe our platform should be.
You’ll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who are paving the way to create a more user-centered platform. Our team thrives on collaborating across teams, and digging in to fully understand the context of any problem. We value ideas and feedback from everyone, and we’re incredibly fortunate to sit next to people who use the platform on a daily basis.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer at The Trade Desk, you will have a unique opportunity to shape our fast-growing platform used by thousands of people across the globe. You will be important not just to the UX team, but to the company as a whole. As a Senior UX/UI designer, you will work on enhancing our product UX/UI through individual projects, as well as mentor and guide to our growing UX/UI team.
At The Trade Desk, we believe each opportunity to engage with consumers is unique. Because of this, our platform provides advertisers and their agencies with an unprecedented level of power to describe and reach their target audience. This means user experience can make or break our business – our users must have all the flexibility to harness our system’s growing power and should be able to use our platform with unparalleled ease.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Senior UX Designer:
- You will drive guidelines and best practices, manage complex, cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals and implement roadmaps
- Use writing and content design skills to create UI text that facilitates user navigation
- Drive vision for product language and content across our platform
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers; Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proven knowledge of industry standard design tools (Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- Proven track record of being an effective and creative problem solver
- Quickly and thoroughly create user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes. While you need to be speedy, you are a deliberate designer. Every pixel has a purpose, and every interaction is thoughtful
- A professional portfolio demonstrating a strong background in user flows, information architecture, interaction, and visual design (NOTE: only candidates with a portfolio will be considered)
- Translate problems and new concepts into intuitive and clean UIs. Our system is complex, but shouldn’t feel that way to our users
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and systems, you can help build and maintain a cohesive visual language
- Utilize research and best practices to construct and defend your ideas. You embrace feedback and thrive in an iterative environment
- An empathetic and effective collaborator with engineers, other designers, product managers and business stakeholders, remotely and in person
- Experience in AdTech
- Experience designing for enterprise software
- Feature level platform experience
- Experience working with a user research team
- Experience leveraging data to inform and measure design
- Experience working with an established design system
- Help other designers grow by providing constructive feedback and guidance
- Keep up with technology and design trends, striving for our platform to be modern and innovative