Senior Software Engineer - User Management (Customer Identity)
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an easy to implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
Our commitment to identity inspires and sustains our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging strategy as we aim to celebrate and protect the identities of everyone in our network. Click here to learn more about our commitment to building balanced teams.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our User Management team. This team is responsible for building the next generation of flows that millions of users around the world will see when trying to access their accounts and sign up for a service for our Customer Identity Cloud.
- Collaborate with Product and Security teams to define and continually improve Auth0’s platform and architecture.
- Design, architect, and document large-scale distributed systems.
- Implement features across different layers of the stack using technologies such as AWS, Azure, Node.js, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Kubernetes.
- Drive technical decision-making while striving to hit the right balance between factors such as simplicity, flexibility, reliability, and performance.
- Participate in the team's on-call rotations to make sure we offer our customers the best availability for our services.
- Identify and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's architecture, performance, observability, security controls, and best practices.
A great candidate will have:
- Passion and thorough understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure, reliable systems at scale.
- Application security and cloud security best practices.
- Previous experience in software development building distributed systems (Node.js and/or Go).
- Exposure to API-driven applications using RESTful and/or gRPC.
- Experience with container deployments.
- 3+ years of experience working on large-scale systems or services.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Identity SaaS applications.