Senior macOS Software Developer (Objective-C / Swift)
Remote (United States)
As a Senior Software Engineer, Desktop (macOS) you will:
- Have large ownership of the Systems Manager desktop application.
- Design, develop, own, and maintain large areas of our Mac/Windows codebase along with the web components they rely on.
- Own features that span our entire technology stack: from the application running on desktop clients to the web interface on Dashboard.
- Integrate third-party APIs from various platform vendors (Google, Apple, Microsoft) that will be used by our desktop application as well as apps on other platforms.
- Lead the direction and vision of the platform - you will use your expertise to make decisions on what tools and technologies we use.
- Mentor junior developers on best procedures, common pitfalls, and good design patterns.
- Collaborate with product and sales teams to plan and build new Systems Manager tools and features.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Ideally 4-6+ years of experience writing professional production code
- macOS development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Objective-C or Swift
- Experience working on production systems
- A solid understanding of low-level threading primitives and concurrency topics
- A demonstrated understanding of networking protocols
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience with C++ or C
- Familiarity with building desktop applications using Win32 or the .NET framework
- Familiarity with MDM/EMM solutions
- Experienced in refactoring large code bases
- You have experience working with large-scale web applications using a modern framework