Lead Full Stack Developer
- Cisco Meraki is looking for a full-stack lead engineer to develop the next generation of features, services, and integrations to provide a seamless customer experience.
- You will join a team of highly skilled, best-in-class developers and will directly feel the positive impact of your work in our Meraki web dashboard that serves over half-a-million customers globally.
- A typical work week might consist of deploying a deeply desired feature request to an existing service, Crafting and building high-impact tech projects, Coaching the team on patterns and best practices, Spiking ideas towards a proof-of-concept as part of Agile project work, Collaborating with Product Managers, UX Designers and Technical PMs to create intuitive and powerful workflows to solve critical business problems
80% Software project work
Spearhead architectural and technical discussions with engineering, product and other cross-functional teams for new feature implementation.
Conduct reviews on the team’s deliverables, facilitate office hours to discuss team’s challenges, and provide technical guidance.
Comfortable jumping to and from different programming languages and building APIs in between.
Test early and often and apply reporting and metrics to gauge the success of deployed features.
- Example projects:
- Build powerful new features using Ruby MVC architecture on our customer-facing self-service portal.
- Evolve and expand our customer chat messaging application that integrates with Salesforce.
- Enhance our customer’s experience by re-architecting our case creation workstream.
- Drive simplicity into our returns process with powerful integrations to help our customers & internal teams.
Bring your innovative ideas using the latest technologies for feature implementation.
Build valuable artifacts like architecture and design documentation for “Day 2” support.
Participate in interviews to help us build and shape our Software team.
Be the open and helpful engineer that you would like to see in others.
20% Professional development
Stay proficient in the latest theory and standard methodologies in the web development ecosystem.
Find the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side projects.
- 7+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests.
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails
- Are passionate about what you do and ignite people around you.
- Solid problem-solving skills and curious to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Take complete ownership from conception to production release by leveraging your ability to influence, facilitate, and work collaboratively across teams.
- 3+ years of experience leading high-performing teams.
Nice to have:
Ruby on Rails integration with Salesforce/MuleSoft using REST APIs
Experience with Postgres