Data Science Intern
What’s the role?
The Experimentation Science team focuses on developing and implementing at-scale causal inference methodologies on Etsy’s experimentation platform.
We are looking for a current graduate student who can help us prototype state of the art experimentation methodologies at the intersection of causal inference and machine learning to improve our decision-making process.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager of Experimentation, Causal Inference, and ML and the base salary range will be $70.00-$75.00 USD per hour. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and workplace safety policies here.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Develop and implement novel methodologies for experimentation, both independently and in collaboration with other data scientists.
- Build internal computational tools and packages (Python) for Etsy Data Scientists.
- Present your contributions to colleagues across Etsy.
- Present your contributions industry wide with a conference paper.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Current PhD student in Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field.
- Experience in experimentation, causal inference, machine learning, and complex computational challenges.
- A proven track record of publishing academic papers in their field.
- Strong programming skills in Python. Familiar with SQL.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.