Passionate about mobile photography and AI? This is your opportunity to work with a team that will be changing the camera industry. Adobe's EPG (Emerging Product Group) led by VP and Fellow Marc Levoy, is seeking a Computer Scientist to join our team in San Jose, California. You will be a member of the core team that is exploring next-generation product opportunities centered around the concept of a universal camera app -empowered by machine learning, computer vision, and computational photography. The effort will begin as part of our Photoshop Camera app, growing its photographic collection capabilities. If successful it will grow to become a technology platform for other Adobe products, with the opportunity for broad impact. Publication is allowed and encouraged, especially when validated by product impact.
What you’ll do
- This team will work like a startup inside Adobe, making this is an outstanding “best of both worlds” opportunity. If you love having the creative flexibility and personal impact of joining a startup, but also dream of having the rich resources, cool perks, and global launch stage that only an industry leader like Adobe can offer.
- Your impact will include technical leadership at a level that is material to the success of the overall company, by owning the strategy of the future EPG products. Your actions will have a positive impact on customers, employees, and shareholders.
- As a domain specialist for camera software and/or hardware, you will provide critical analysis of potential improvements in these areas.
- As a specialist in computational photography, computer vision, image processing or computer graphics, you will lead cross-functional working groups or initiatives and provide consultative insights to other departments or groups within the company.
- Advocate adoption of new technologies and standards to the broader Adobe developer community.
- Research and build standard methodologies and share them with the organization.
- Mentor & coach junior technical contributors & aspiring principals.
- Develop groundbreaking image processing algorithms in C++.
What you need to succeed
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related technical fields.
- 0-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Interest in consumer cameras and photography.
- Expertise in research on computational photography and related topics such as computer vision or image processing.
- Experience in developing camera, computing hardware, optics and lens is a plus.
- Bonus - Experience in array cameras, or depth sensing cameras.
- Track record of setting strategy, defining roadmaps & executing on the priorities. We are passionate about product excellence
- Ability to influence & direct multi-functional teams without formal authority - demonstrating leadership to efficiently implement a sophisticated product or technical roadmap.
- Ability to serve as a respected advisor and counselor to senior executives. Can effectively and convincingly communicate ideas and objectives to audiences of all levels.
- Be an entrepreneur: It’s about making ideas happen; predict the future by inventing it.
$113,700 -- $200,300 annually